How does Pregnancy Massage differ from Swedish or Sports Massage?
Pregnancy massage is simple massage that is performed in a way that is safe for both mother and baby.
Please note: The client must be in her second trimester to be eligible for pregnancy massage. If the client is considered a high risk pregnancy, a medical release form, signed and dated by her GP must be brought to the initial treatment. Please get in touch if you are unsure.
What are the benefits of pregnancy massage?
- Improved circulation meaning that essential nutrients and fluid are being sent to the placenta to feed the baby
- Reduced muscle and joint pain that can be brought about from the extra weight being carried
- Improved efficiency of the respiratory system meaning that breathing during the pregnancy and birthing process is improved.
- Prevention of varicose veins from forming
- Reduced emotional stress
- Increased oxytocin levels – the hormone which can reduce pain during labour and help milk secretion during breast feeding.